04 June 2005

We Win a Warnie

Dr. Adrian Warnock has the largest and most-read Christian blog in the UK. I first met him in cyberspace in April 1996, when The Spurgeon Archive was less than a year old. He helped index all of my sermons for the World Wide Study Bible project. I haven't kept up very well with him or the World Wide Bible, but I have read his blog from time to time over the past year or so, so I knew he was still active in cyberspace and ran an important blog.

He surprised me by awarding PyroManiac with the coveted "Warnie" award within days after we launched. Needless to say, I was greatly humbled and (as they say in the UK) gobsmacked.

I looked up from the screen, tears of sheer joy in my eyes, and told my wife, "Honey, I've won a Warnie for my blog!"

"I knew you were totally going to embarrass yourself with that thing." she said. "I just can't believe you managed to do it the first week!"

Turns out she was thinking of The Wittenburg Door's infamous "Green Weenie" award for the evangelical "Loser of the Month." I tried to explain that a "Weenie" and a "Warnie" are totally different kinds of awards. But so far, she's not buying it. She knows me too well.


11 comments:

Scott Nichols said...

Congrats! Now what will you do for an encore :-)

Rebecca Stark said...

Congratulations!

And I'm glad you started a blog.

Unknown said...

Congratulations.
And a very warm welcome to blogging and to warnie winning.

Matthew said...

Prepare for Greatness.

Milton Stanley said...

Way to go!

Milton Stanley said...

P.S.: I wanted to send you a copy of the Warnie winners' graphic to add to your blog, but I can't find your e-mail address. You can easily copy it off my page or several other of the Warnie winners' pages. Peace.

Matthew Self said...

I wonder if there will be a "Warnie" jewel in some crowns when we get to heaven. The award certainly has gained in some stature here on Earth.

Congrats!

Dave Armstrong said...

Thanks for the link! I appreciate it.

Your brother in Christ,

Dave Armstrong

John said...

Congratulations Phil, on winning the WARNIE! Welcome to the elite of bloggers. :)

GBYAY

c.t. said...

Maybe if you're sometime looking for a subject to blog about here is a post by Carla Rolfe that addresses you that you might want to respond to:

http://carla_rolfe.blogspot.com/2005/06/hyper-calvinism-what-is-it.html

Mick Porter said...

Congratulations on the Warnie!