29 June 2005

Some quick thoughts on my way out

  1. Blogspotting Poll ResultsThe final tally on the BlogSpotting poll was lopsided in the extreme—10 to 1 in favor of the links. BlogSpotting stays for the time being, though you'll see a lot less of it in the near future, chiefly because—
  2. As announced, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Darlene and I will be in London for a week.
  3. Speaking of which, here, courtesy of Google Maps, is a satellite photo of a location in London. Note the grove of trees in the center of the photo, just north of the large green square. This is one of my favorite places in the whole UK. I'm planning to write about it in the "Monday Menagerie" post next week. Anyone recognize the location? Ever been there? If so, leave a comment.





14 comments:

SJ Camp said...

Is it Bunhill Fields?
Campi

Sled Dog said...

Is it Strawberry Fields :-)

OK, a real guess. Spurgeon's gravesite?

Andrew Lindsey said...

Trogdor:
I like how Dr. Oakley kidded you about not wanting to divulge your location in a previous trip, and this time you have actually provided a satellite photo!

Editor said...

It looks like a cricket pitch from here, but I can't tell for sure.

Scott Nichols said...

I'm with Campi on this one. Bunhill Fields. I was there about 5 years ago with another pastor. It was locked up and we were told we needed to jump the fence to get in.

Terry Lange said...

I have been to London. I can't really tell, but could it be Hyde Park??

Matthew Self said...

I'm guessing Wimbledon.

Stephen Dunning said...

Metropolitan Tabernacle ?

Daniel Nolan said...

would i be spoiling your fun if i confirmed that it IS Bunhill Fields? The large playing fields is the grounds of the Honourable Artillery Company, and the roundabout is at Old Street.

BTW, Hyde Park and Wimbledon are much much bigger. Bunhill Fields is tiny in comparison.

For those who want to see one of my favourite places, the Met Tab is at: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.494454,-0.100626&spn=0.004536,0.007522&t=k&hl=en

Renee said...

Something to do with Spurgeon?

(I'm with sled dog on this one :))

Fred Butler said...

Is it that non-comformist graveyard where all the Puritan folks whose books we read are buried?

By the way, what happened to the Hawaiian shirt wearing picture? You looked so much more purpose driven in the Hawaiian shirt.

Fred
Fred's Bible Talk
Hip and Thigh

Daniel Nolan said...

Spurgeon was buried in Norwood Cemetery. Bunhill Fields is where John Bunyan, Daniel Defoe, Dr John Gill, Dr Rippon, Isaac Watts, Susanna Wesley and many more nonconformists are buried

Sled Dog said...

Yes, the new photo looks so...serious!

Patrick Chan said...

If it is Bunhill Fields, I've been there! :-)